- dichromate coated galvanised mild steel.
- PPRC can be adjusted after the installation.
- Does not require machining.
- Supporting member: solid wood, glued-laminated wood, concrete.
- Supported member: solid wood, composite lumber, glued-laminated wood.
- Awning posts.
Characteristic capacities- Timber to Concrete
|References||Number of Fasteners||Characteristic capacities - Timber C24 [kN]|
|On post||On concrete||R1,k|
|PPRC||4||Ø10||4||Ø10*||51.1 / kmod^0.5|
* Refer to the Simpson Strong-Tie anchor product range for suitable anchors. Typical anchor solutions are BOAXII, SET-XP, WA, AT-HP, depending on the concrete type, spacing and edge distances.
Characteristic Capacites - Timber to Concrete
|References||Fasteners||Simplified characteristic capacities - Timber C24 [kN]|
|On post||On concrete||R1,k**|
* Refer to the Simpson Strong-Tie anchor product range for suitable anchors. Typical anchor solutions are SET-XP and AT-HP, depending on the concrete type, spacing and edge distances.
**The published characteristic capacity is based on medium term load duration and service class 3 according to EC5 (EN 1995). For other load duration and service class, please refer to the ETA to get more accurate capacities.
On wood post:
- LAG lag screws 10 x 80 mm.
- Mechanical anchor: WA M10-78/5 pin.
- Chemical anchor: AT-HP resin + LMAS M10-120/25 threaded rod.
- Fix to the foundation with M10 anchors. fix the post using M10 coach screws.
- 130 x 130mm plate fixes to the ground.
- 100 x 100mm plate fasteners to the post.
- PPRC can be adjusted with a 30mm wrench after both plates are attached.
- not recommended when the top of post/column is not restrained (e.g. fence post).